SParking High schoolers’ Excitement for
Research in Engineering and Science
June 18 – July 27, 2018
- Participate in an authentic research experience at a world class research university, under the mentorship of a faculty member.
- Participate in weekly seminars on various topics including research projects, college-readiness, and scientific communication.
- Become acclimated to a university setting, form a science identify by conducting basic and applied research in Illinois’ Bioengineering labs, and gain confidence in attending college.
- Receive multiple layers of mentorship, through faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students, and SPHERES staff.
- Accepted participants will be from Champaign Unit 4 or Urbana District 116.
- Students must be 16 years of age or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply through their schools.
Bioengineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Carle Illinois College of Medicine
Emergent Behaviors of Integrated Cellular Systems (EBICS), a National Science Foundation Science and Technology Center